Sunday, June 2, 2013

WeWriWa o6.o2.13

Its Sunday! My favorite day of the week, where I get to share another snippet of my work-in-progress,  BloodLust: Armani :)

Last week, Karlea was totally kicking Armani's ass, which all you readers seemed to like. So, let's continue on and see if Karlea can keep the momentum going. Right where we ended last week, Karlea had thrown Armani across the room...
Armani's body smashed against the opposite wall, several bones in his back breaking with a loud crunch that didn't affect Karlea at all; that sound usually made her cringe, it always sounded so painful. His body fell to the floor and he lied there waiting for his bones to heal themselves. The thought of siring Karlea drove him wild, how strong and powerful she would be with him, and how intense they would be together, broken bones and all. 

He watched as Karlea ran over, flipping into the air with such grace and agility, and landing beside him, picking him up with one hand, his body slumping from the still broken bones. 
"Would you like your stake back?" He asked sarcastically.
Karlea shook her head, smiled, and whispered, "No, I'm going to kill you with my bare hands."
Armani grinned, his bones snapping back into place, healed, allowing him to stand up straight and above Karlea, "Let's get to it then."

Don't miss next week, I think their fight may come to a climax ;)

Thanks for reading and please comment, I love reading your comments! 

And I thank all of you that commented last week, I have not made the rounds yet. It has been a busy third to last week of school for my kids that consisted of a camping trip, orchestra concerts, and a kindergarten field trip - I am exhausted.

As always, you can follow Karlea and Armani on social media and subscribe to the newsletter:





Subscribe to the Newsletter

* indicates required
Email Format


You can read more great authors here and here
Since I haven't commented on last week's 8, I'm going to send a shout out to Karen Michelle Nutt, Linda, Sarah W, Elaine Cantrell, Stevie-Carroll, Sharon Buchbinder, Evelyn Jules, Kayci Morgan, Veronica Scott, Karysa Faire, Melonie, Cindy Amrhein (Cindy, where in WNY are you? I am from Rochester!), and Penny Alley.

Have a great week!

Hearts & Stars,
~Siren

14 comments:

  1. So intense! I do like that she can apparently hold her own with Armani...excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never give 'em time to heal--especially the arrogant ones!

    (I'm never sure about this, but I think he 'lay' there waiting, instead of 'lied,' but please check with someone else--I've been wrong before)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :) Thanks for reading!

      I'm not sure either if it is lied or lay. I'll have to look into this. But think you for mentioning this!

      Delete
  3. Nice action! You gotta admire a guy who thinks of breaking his back as foreplay. Vampire love is a different kind of love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vampire love is definitely a different kind of love! :)
      Armani gets off on the strangest things ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I agree with Armani - let's get to it! Great snippet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you like some more? :)
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. Shouldn't have given him time to heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He heals quickly, she didn't have much choice :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Yes, Armani is waking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is sooo ready to put up a good fight and see what else she can do :)
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I am positive Siren I commented yesterday but I think my iPad is being weird. I'm pretty sure I said something to the affect what a great fight scene this was.

    Still is today. Awesome snippet. Wonder how this fight will end, or maybe I should say vampire foreplay. :)

    History Sleuth's Milk Carton Murders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thank you! :)
      Yes, this is Armani's version of foreplay. He's like a cat playing with a mouse before the cat eats it. lol.

      Delete